Daily Workout: November 20th, 2017
Here is something we did today for some upper body work. There is a large emphasis on injury proofing and structural work. Why? Because healthy, mobile shoulders are essential to long term performance. You’re chest will also fee blown up if you do it right. The entire workout should take you about 60 minutes. Remember that this is a workout I did so adjust the weights if need be.
Note that from time to time I will be changing the formatting of these workouts. Let me know via email email@example.com if you understand everything or would like to see changes.
1. 10 minute easy pace warm-up. Use the rower, fanlike, SkiErg or you could go for a run. Don’t go too hard just get a good sweat.
2. 3 sets of 10 Shoulder Dislocates using a piece of PVC pipe or broomstick
3. Push Press 30/30s. 2x (30sec work/30sec “Rest”) Push press. “Rest” is in overhead position. The exercise is 2 total minutes. Essentially the exercise looks like 30 seconds of Push press followed by 30 seconds of overhead holding followed again by 30 seconds of pressing and then ending with 30 seconds of holding. Use 10-15 pound dumbbells. Do two sets of this with a minute rest between each
4. 10-1 Bench press Hell Ladder. Put 95 pounds on a bar. Bench Press is 10 times and then hold in lock out position for 20 seconds. Then do 9 bench presses and then hold in lockout position for 20 seconds. Follow this pattern until you are at 1 rep. End with a 20 second hold. Should take about 4 minutes. Complete 2 sets. Rest 2 minutes between.
5. 10-1 Barbell Strict Press Ladder. Load up a Barbell so there’s 75-95 pounds on it. Do 10 reps. Rest 30-60 seconds and add a bit of weight (i.e. 5-10 pounds). Do 9 reps. Rest 30-60 seconds and add a bit of weight. Complete this pattern until you are at 1 rep. It should be your heaviest.
6. “Push-up Maximus”: 10x Push-up + 10sec Rest, Ten Rounds. 100 total Push-ups.
7. End with a 10 minute easy pace cool down. Use the rower, fanlike, SkiErg or you could go for a run
Bobby Maximus, Will Pace, Rob Wuebker, Simon Shaner, Will Stott
Workout should take about 60 minutes.
The Bobby Maximus How To Videos Section (Media-Video-How To)
The Project Maximus Youtube page:
Note: Day to day entries will change. Some entires will be workouts I have done that day, some entries will be workouts that people I train did that day. Some entries will be my favorite all time workouts or something I saw on the internet that I thought would be good for you to experience. Remember that because of the changing nature of the entries these workouts are not meant to be prescriptive. For example they aren’t necessarily written down with the intention of you following them precisely. Rather, they are meant to collectively build a resource that you can learn from. Hopefully you can implement some of these ideas and workouts into your own training in order to better your fitness.
Also note that I won’t be posting at the same time every day. If I workout early then it might get posted early. If I workout late then it might get posted late. If I am in different time zone then hell, I don’t know what time it will show up. Just a head’s up. That said, I will do my best to get them to you in a timely fashion. You have my word on that but remember I don’t have an army of internet monkeys at my beck and call. I am doing this on my own…